Monday, December 5, 2011

Rumbi Island Grill

Last friday night DC (dinning companion) and I stopped for a quick bite at Rumbi Island Grill. I generally avoid all places containing the word "grill" but this grill has lured me in a few times. For some strange reason whenever I go on my lunch break I find the experience somewhat enjoyable as opposed to the few times I've eaten dinner there. Would I go back if I didn't? I have liked the salads even though there isn't a veggie option. I like to get the BBQ chicken and just push the chicken off to one side. The beans, corn, carrots, and tortilla strips make for a rather enjoyable salad. However, one time when eating there with DC I was shocked to discover that even though we had ordered completely different items, both of our salads looked the same! Really?

Well, last Friday, I got a little more adventuresome and ordered a rice bowl. It was cold and it sounded warmer and more filling than a salad. They had a veggie bowl and a tofu bowl on the menu. I inquired as the the difference and was told that the veggies were the same and the only difference was the tofu. They are also the same price. (Once again, really?) So I ordered the tofu bowl on brown rice. I generally like tofu, especially when it has been fried. How was it? Well, let's just say DC always tells me that I get my hopes up too high. (My hopes are only as I high as they need to be I'll have you know.) The bowl for starters was HUGE. We could have split that amount of rice and ate it for a week. The tofu was not fried. I'd say it was steamed and barely the same for the veggies. Way to go for being healthy I suppose, but I WAS ALREADY BUYING THE TOFU AND VEGGIE BOWL. -WITH BROWN RICE. I'm pretty sure a little olive oil would not have killed me. It wasn't even steamed all the way. I don't want to eat bland, half cooked veggies with steamed tofu and a little sauce on the side with brown rice. What the heck were you people thinking? hurmph. I might someday go back for a salad but don't hold your breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment