Sunday, December 18, 2011

Yum! Indian food

As DC (dinning companion) and I are relatively new to the Salt Lake area, we have been searching high and low for good restaurants. I was delighted to find one a few days ago, "The Kathmandu" (3142 South Highland Drive, Salt Lake City). People who know me well can attest that I'm a little picky about my restaurant choices. If I visit a restaurant not up to my "modest" expectations, there will be little you can do to drag me back in there.

Overall I would go back to eat here because the food was good and there were plenty of vegetarian choices. The service wasn't as fast as I would have liked it but there was a large table that was eating at the same time. Having worked in a restaurant on a Saturday night I can understand the big table complex. The waiter also gave suggestions on the menu and there was a water pitcher on the table which is very nice (especially with foreign cuisine). The price was reasonable compared to other Indian places we have visited. Also, everyone there was from the India/ Nepal area. So if you are in the area and looking for great Indian food this is one place I would highly recommend.

my ratings of "The Kathmandu"
out of 5

Service: 4 1/2
Atmosphere: 4
Food Quality: 5
Price / Quality: 4
Vegetarian: 5
Authenticity: 5

1 comment:

  1. It behooves me at this point to state that The Kathmandu can be reached by UTA routes 33 and 220. Also, that the food really was excellent.

    ReplyDelete